TUFF Coat™ Marine Coatings are water-based, single-component products, created through a unique process of cross-linking urethanes, acrylics, and co-polymers, and utilizing recycled rubber crumb as an aggregate. These coatings are designed to provide an attractive, highly durable, impact resistant, non-slip surface.
· Coverage: 40-45 Sq. Ft. Per Gallon
- All surfaces being coated with Tuff Coat must use Tuff Coat Primer
- Simple DIY Application – means savings.
- Water Based — this means water cleanup and water dilution.
- No V.O.C.s — non-toxic and environmentally friendly.
- Recycled Rubber Crumb Aggregate — not abrasive like sand or aluminum oxide.
- Absorbs Sound – Particularly good for aluminum boats and duck hunting skiffs
- Single Pack — no mixing hardeners, like with epoxies. Just stir and go!
- 20 Standard Colors, plus custom colors – see color chart.
- UV Resistant — colorfast pigments + UV stabilizers.
- Chemical Resistance — protection from acids, solvents, fuels, chlorine, salts, etc.
- Very Flexible — not brittle like epoxies.
- Impact Resistant – Reduces deck damage
- Water Proofs Wooden or Plywood Decks – Makes even marine grade decking last longer
- Spray or Roller Applied – Ideal for the do-it-yourselfer.
- Easy To Clean and Dries Fast – Reducing unsightly or odor producing mildew issues
Tuff Coat is a non-skid, slip-resistant, safety coating that absorbs sound while remaining impact resistant protecting surfaces to which it is applied. Designed to provide a durable safe walking or seating surface on fiberglass, wood, aluminum and steel, as well as concrete. The non-skid characteristics come from recycled rubber granules blended into a single component cross-linked acrylic urethane co-polymer, making Tuff Coat extremely weather, wear, and impact resistant.
Applications are virtually unlimited – from marine applications to commercial or industrial applications. Consumer comfort with commercial durability!
Consider Tuff Coat for: Fiber Glass Boat Decks, Aluminum and Steel Boats, Replacing Carpet on plywood Pontoon Boat decks, House Boat Decks and Roofs, Utility Trailer Floors, Ramps, ATV’s, Decks and Docks, Dog Kennels, Truck Beds, Etc. Etc…
Coverage – 1 Gallon of Tuff Coat covers approximately 40-45 sq. ft.
For optimal performance please follow directions carefully and always use the recommended primers.
For Fiberglass, Wood, Concrete and previously painted surfaces use CP-10 Water-based Epoxy Primer Coverage – 1 qt. kit. = up to 62 Sq. Ft.
For Metals (Steel and Aluminum) the recommended primer is MP-10 Water-Based Metal Primer Coverage – 1 qt. = 62 Sq. Ft.
Tuff Coat can be spray applied or rolled (textures vary with application). For Roller applied application our special Tuff Coat Blue Foam Roller is required Item #UTAR to evenly distribute the Tuff Coat material)
The use of a drill-type mixing paddle is recommended. Application is quick and easy.